Building Solutions MMC Manager
Director of Building Solutions
Reporting directly to the Director of Building Solutions the successful applicant's Key Objectives will be:
- To promote and develop Storey Height Elements and any future innovative aircrete solutions to help grow our market penetration into the MMC market
- Currently the Element offer is via an installation network offering a whole masonry package solution
- Focus on both Private housebuilders, Social Housing contractors and targeted approach to Housing Associations with own build capability
- To pursue any other opportunities that will gain volume sales against set targets.
- Develop enquires and sales for Story Height Elements
- Target Timber Frame house builders and promote the benefits of aicrete solutions
- Focus on both Private, and Social Housing builders - this would include Volume Housebuilders
- Be able to engage at all levels, but predominantly the key decision makers that will need to be focused on are - Commercial, Technical and Construction Directors
- Target large Housing Associations where they have their own self build capability
- Liaise with our Building Development Manager to ensure project quotes are returned and followed up
- Prepare a monthly report, highlighting key activities/meetings, new orders won and market trends
- Keep an up-to-date sales pipeline in the CRM system to enable win rates and potential future volume to be monitored
- To incorporate H+H UK's innovations and new products into the building package
- Maintain an up-to-date record of all contacts made with customers via the current call reporting system
- Ensure activity and performance is in line with KPI expectations as determined by the Director of Building Solutions.
- Monitor and control personal costs within budget requirements in the following:
- Entertaining expenses
- Travel Expenses
- Mobile telephone costs
- The duties contained in this job description may change over time and the jobholder will be expected to co-operate where such changes are reasonable.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience required:
- To be able to present to customers and contacts at all levels of the decision-making process
- A good technical understanding of Part L, Part E, RD, MMC and sustainability
- An in-depth knowledge and understanding of build procedures on site
- The ability to project track until the order has been placed
- The ability to identify new market sectors for MMC aircrete Solutions to help ensure sustained volume growth in areas of opportunity
- To be able to discuss aircrete solutions at all levels of the decision-making process, typically focusing on Technical, Commercial and Construction Directors
- Communication with Builders' Merchants where necessary to ensure the order process runs smoothly.
As an organisation we are looking to integrate certain competencies in the organisation which are:
Action Oriented - Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm
- Displays a can-do attitude in good and bad times
- Steps up to handle tough issues
Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Works cooperatively with others across the organisation to achieve shared objectives
- Partners with others to get work done
- Credits others for their contributions and accomplishments
- Gains trust and support of others.
Business Insight - Applying knowledge of the business and the marketplace to advance, the organisation's goals.
- Knows how businesses work and how organisations make money
- Keeps up with current and possible future policies, and trends in the organisation, with the competition and in the marketplace.
Organisationally Savvy - Manoeuvring comfortably through complex policy, process and people-related organisational dynamics.
- Is sensitive to how people and organisation's function
- Deals comfortably with organisational politics
- Knows who has power, respect, and influence
- Steers through the organisational maze to get things done.
Strategic Mindset - Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- Anticipates future trends and implications accurately
- Readily poses future scenarios
- Articulates credible pictures and visions of possibilities that will create sustainable value.
The successful candidate would be offered a competitive salary and benefits.
Please complete the application form on this page (above) and return it, along with a current CV and letter of application to:
H+H UK Ltd