H+H UK Ltd
Borough Green, TN15 9HZ
Hours: 35 hrs/w – Monday to Friday 9.00-5.00 – Hybrid working on study days.
About the Company
H+H is the only company in the UK to concentrate exclusively on the manufacture of aircrete products. Our focus is the development of products and systems which provide high performance buildings guaranteed to last several lifetimes. We manufacture our range of products in three state-of-the art factories in the UK and have our corporate HQ in Denmark with numerous manufacturing facilities across Europe.
Through internal training, performance management and the use of external training providers we offer all employees the chance to learn new skills and develop existing ones, helping us to maintain and improve the service we provide to our customers. We offer a stimulating and supportive working environment, competitive salary rates and employee benefits.
The Apprentice will be working with the Service Desk team to provide 1st line support for our UK users. There may be some opportunities for the apprentice to travel with another team member to Pollington.
- Escalate issues to third party support, as necessary, whilst retaining ownership and bringing about a timely successful resolution.
- Provide training and guidance to end-users on how to operate software and computer equipment efficiently, effectively and safely.
- Installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of computer systems to ensure ongoing usability of all systems hardware and software.
- Install and configure appropriate IT user hardware and peripheral devices (printers, scanners, mobile devices, etc.).
- Install and configure appropriate operating systems and application software according to specifications.
- Support and maintain local networks to optimise performance.
- Maintain the Windows Active Directory according to best practice.
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems.
- Perform scheduled software and hardware updates, upgrades and maintenance without impeding others from completing their work.
- Maintain accurate record/logs of repair and fixes and maintenance schedule.
- Prepare and maintain accurate IT documentation, spreadsheets and records for use across company.
- Expected duration: 18 months
- Apprenticeship level: Advanced (Level 3)
- Programme: L3 IT Solutions Technician – Hardware pathway
During this apprenticeship, you will follow a fully supported training programme with LearnTech, delivered through combined weekly remote classroom-based training, workplace assessment/training and online learning working towards completing the IT Solutions Technician apprenticeship standard
The training covers the following core occupational duties:
It is an advantage to have GCSE 9-4 grades or equivalent in English and Maths to apply for this type of apprenticeship. If you do not have these grades but have completed numeracy and literacy Key Skills/Functional Skills at level two you may also apply for these apprenticeships.
You must meet the following eligibility criteria to apply for the role:
- Have been a UK/EEA resident for the last 3 years
- Hold valid residency status
- Have the right to work in the UK
Company benefits include:
- Group Personal Pension Plan with Legal & General
- 25 days annual holiday, plus bank holidays
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme and GP Service.
Please submit your CV along with a covering letter to email@example.com