All of the 36 homes on the Cawrey Homes’ Fielding Meadow development are built to level 4 of the Code for Sustainable Homes, making use of a ‘fabric first’ approach, with H+H aircrete blockwork, coupled with different renewable technologies.
Air Source Heat Pumps deliver hot water and heating to underfloor pipework on the ground floors and radiators on first floors. Fabric heat losses are reduced by highly insulated ground floors, 200mm wide filled wall cavities and ‘green’ (sedum) roofs. Roof fins provide passive ventilation to reduce overheating in summer, solar PV panels generate electricity and energy efficient appliances are included in every home.
The majority of the homes are for sale on the private market, 80% in fact, with the remaining 20% being reserved for a local housing association. Cawrey Homes builds exclusively in the Ratby area, having done so since 1968, and has gained a reputation for constructing quality masonry homes to high specifications for all types of buyer.
|Main Contractor:||Cawrey Limited, Kirby Grange Farm, Taverner Drive, Ratby, Leicester, LE6 0HQ.|
|Project:||Cawrey Homes’ Fielding Meadow development is made up thirty two 2 & 3 bed semi-detached and four 4 bed detached homes. All the homes are built to level 4 of the Code for Sustainable Homes.|
|Build method:||H+H Jumbo Bloks and H+H Celcon Blocks with Thin Joint Celfix mortar.|
|Build method:||Standard trench fill foundations with aircrete Celcon Plus Blocks Standard Grade used for the foundations and for the inner leaves of all external cavity walls. All homes are finished with unusual sedum roof coverings on single ply membrane. Solar PV panels are installed to a solar fin. Traditional mortar was used throughout the development.|
|Value:||The value of aircrete blockwork is approximately £80,000 with the overall project coming in at £11.5 million.|
|Location:||Fielding Meadow, Fielding Lane, off Ferndale Drive, Ratby, Leicestershire, LE6 0AS.|
|Type of contract:||Design & Build|
|Aircrete contractor:||Cawrey Homes carried out all aircrete blockwork.|
|Build time:||Construction on site started in October 2010 with homes reaching completion at different stages up to 2013.|