In 1949 Celcon Limited was established to develop the uses of aerated concrete. In the early 1950s the development of the Autoclave allowed cellular concrete to be produced in block format. Progress was again made in the mid 1950s when Danish scientists added pulverised fuel ash (PFA), a waste product from coal-fired power stations, to give the product strength yet make it light enough to pick up with one hand.
Celcon's production in the early days was in small tin and timber sheds with experimental and often homemade equipment. Production and handling were very labour intensive, often done in open areas that were exposed to the elements.
To determine the products and applications we have available, follow the links on the right or click on Downloads to obtain more information.