Based at our Borough Green Head Office and reporting to the IT Servicedesk Supervisor, the chosen candidate will work with a small team providing first line IT support and problem resolution in a timely and mutually agreed manner to users across multiple locations in the UK and Northern Europe.
- Escalate issues to third party support, as necessary, whilst retaining ownership and bringing about a timely successful resolution.
- Provide training and guidance to users on how to operate software and computer equipment efficiently, effectively and safely.
- Installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of computer systems to ensure ongoing usability of all systems hardware and software.
- Install and configure appropriate IT user hardware and peripheral devices (printers, scanners, mobile devices, etc.).
- Install and configure appropriate operating systems and application software according to specifications.
- Support and maintain all physical, virtual and cloud-based Windows servers.
- Support and maintain local networks to optimise performance.
- Maintain the Windows Active Directory according to best practice.
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems.
- Manage backups to ensure system and data integrity and resilience.
- Organise, schedule and perform software and hardware updates, upgrades and maintenance without impeding others from completing their work.
- Maintain accurate record/logs of repair and fixes and maintenance schedule.
- Prepare and maintain accurate IT documentation, spreadsheets and records for use across company.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
- Proven experience as an IT Technician or similar position.
- Excellent Diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication ability.
- Outstanding organisational and time-management skills.
- In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
- Good knowledge of internet security and data principles
- A degree in computer science, engineering or relevant field would be preferred.
- Certification as IT Technician will be an advantage (e.g. CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional).
- Technical proficiency:
- Windows desktop and server hardware and operating systems
- Windows Active Directory
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
- Microsoft Office 365
- Server and desktop virtualisation - VMware
In return for these duties, the successful candidate will receive a competitive salary, Group Personal Pension Plan, Death in Service benefit, Employee Assistance Programme, 25 days holidays plus 8 public holidaysFurther details will be provided on application. If you would like to apply, please email your CV or write to:
H+H UK Ltd
Kent TN15 9HZ