We are looking to recruit an IT Support Analyst
Main Purpose of Job:
Reporting to the IT Service Desk Supervisor, you will form part of the UK IT Servicedesk Team based at our head office in Kent. Your role will be to provide 1st line IT support and problem resolution in a timely and mutually agreed manner to users across multiple locations in the UK and Northern Europe.
- Escalate issues to third party support, as necessary, whilst retaining ownership and bringing about a timely successful resolution.
- Provide training and guidance to users on how to operate software and computer equipment efficiently, effectively, and safely.
- Installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of computer systems to ensure ongoing usability of all systems hardware and software.
- Install and configure appropriate IT user hardware and peripheral devices (printers, scanners, mobile devices, etc.).
- Install and configure appropriate operating systems and application software according to specifications.
- Support and maintain all physical, virtual, and cloud-based Windows servers.
- Support and maintain local networks to optimise performance.
- Maintain the Windows Active Directory according to best practice.
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems.
- Manage backups to ensure system and data integrity and resilience.
- Organise, schedule, and perform software and hardware updates, upgrades, and maintenance without impeding others from completing their work.
- Maintain accurate record/logs of repair and fixes and maintenance schedule.
- Prepare and maintain accurate IT documentation, spreadsheets, and records for use across the company
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Proven experience as an IT Technician or similar position.
- Able to speak either German or Polish would be an advantage.
- Excellent Diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication ability.
- Outstanding organisational and time-management skills.
- In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
- Good knowledge of internet security and data principles
- A degree in computer science, engineering or relevant field would be preferred.
- Certification as IT Technician will be an advantage (e.g., CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional).
- Technical proficiency:
- Windows desktop and server hardware and operating systems
- Windows Active Directory
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
- Microsoft Office 365
- Server and desktop virtualisation - VMware
As an organisation we are looking to integrate certain competencies within our structure, which include:
Action Oriented - Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Readily takes action on challenges, without unnecessary planning.
- Displays a can-do attitude in good and bad times.
- Steps up to handle tough issues.
Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Works cooperatively with others across the organisation to achieve shared objectives.
- Represents own interests while being fair to others and their areas.
- Partners with others to get work done.
- Credits others for their contributions and accomplishments.
- Gains trust and support of others.
Ensures Accountability - Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Follows through on commitments and makes sure others do the same.
- Acts with a clear sense of ownership.
- Takes personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and failures.
- Establishes clear responsibilities and processes for monitoring work and measuring results.
The successful candidate would be offered a competitive salary and benefits. Full details will be provided on application.
If you would like to apply, please submit your application in writing to:
Joanne Tickner, HR Advisor – email@example.com