|Job Title:||Mechanical Fitter|
|Report to:||Maintenance Engineer|
Main Purpose of Job
The purpose of the role is to be responsible for maintenance and project work associated with Mechanical Systems to agreed targets at the Pollington Aircrete manufacturing facility.
- As a highly competent mechanical fitter you will implement effective maintenance and project work to the highest possible standards of both safety and quality in a timely manner, thereby maximising plant availability.
- Directly responsible for your own actions and those within your charge (such as apprentices, contractors and less experienced craftsmen / operators), so that work is undertaken to the company’s requirements and safety instructions.
- Will actively assist in improving plant performance via continuous improvement processes, such as World Class Manufacturing – preventative / predictive maintenance programme.
- Ensures that the required records are kept up to date to satisfy the requirements of legislation related to plant maintenance schedules, etc.
- Provide first line maintenance support to production facilitating fault diagnosis to root cause on critical plant and equipment in timely manner. This may involve flexible working.
- Take autonomous action when appropriate to maintain SHE systems on site keeping your manager fully informed of your actions.
- To be fully competent and engaged in the use of the sites CMMS, both facilitating the production of work activities as well as updating equipment history via job closure / follow up.
- Actively engage in development of maintenance standards and systems to improve plant reliability to 99% and availability to 98.5%.
- Assist in the acceptance and commissioning of plant and equipment and preparing maintenance schedules and programs to ensure reliable operation.
- Engage with company training and development in order to keep up to date with the standards the site should operate to in line with the Health & Safety Executive (HSE), Environment Agency, ATEX/ DSEAR and appropriate discipline technical matters.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by the company. The duties contained in this job description will change over time and the job-holder will be expected to co-operate where such changes are reasonable.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
- The job requires:
- Time-served maintenance craft team member - ONC / NVQ Level 3 Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent);
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a plant maintenance/project work;
- Health and Safety and industry legislation knowledge;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Problem-solving skills;
- Lean manufacturing experience preferable;
The successful candidate would be offered a competitive salary and benefits.
Please complete the attached application form and return it, along with a current CV and letter of application to:
H+H UK Ltd