Merchant Manager - North
Head of Merchant Accounts
Home based role located between Manchester and Birmingham
North West and surrounding areas
We are looking for a Merchant Manager to join the H+H (UK) Ltd team to cover the Northwest and all the surrounding areas to manage, maintain and develop our merchant relationships.
The candidate will need to understand the industry and be capable of building strong professional relationships across all levels. You will be proficient in all areas of communication and be self-sufficient in managing your own diary.
In return, the company will offer a supportive environment, with access to training and career development, with a competitive salary and benefits including car and fuel allowance. The successful candidate will also have the benefit of hybrid working.
- To sell and promote H+H UK Limited (the Company’s) products and services within the Merchant arena.
- To convey the Company’s policies, objectives, and attitudes as from time to time defined, to senior directors and senior managers within the customer base as well as Branch and Sales Managers.
- To uphold the Company’s status within the Building Industry, projecting H+H UK’s reputation for integrity, professionalism, and stability at all times.
- To develop a personal standing within the industry by widening the range of contacts.
- The majority of the working day to be spent contacting merchants via the appropriate forum.
- Contact and build excellent working relationships with all Merchant customers within your given area
- Follow up all quote requests sent by Internal Sales for your own customers, gathering data as to why that sale may or may not go ahead
- Support the Internal Sales team with phone cover and pricing when required
- In conjunction with the Head of Merchant Accounts, prepare, monitor, and achieve objectives for the development of the area, contributing when appropriate to the preparation of forecasts, budgets, sales targets via Results Plans and monthly reports.
- Maximise sales by offering Technical Support to those looking to achieve cost savings within their build, suggest alternative methods of vehicle delivery and support with additional stock loads when site delivery is compromised
- Identify new potential Panel/Thin Joint users and refer to MMC Team
- The MM is encouraged to develop personal and social contacts with customers, outside normal working hours, including evenings and overnight functions plus occasional weekend work. Always provided that such contacts and functions are in the Company’s interests and conducted to the Company’s high standard of ethics at reasonable expense. Prior agreement must have been given by the Head of Merchant Accounts.
- Agree with Head of Merchant Accounts the setting, monitoring, and control of the Area annual budget in the following items:
- Entertaining expenses.
- Travel expenses.
- Promotional expenses.
- Car and mobile phone/PDA costs.
- Maintain regular contact with Internal Sales/Customer Service Office, ensuring they are updated with any key pricing and customer information in a timely manner.
- Work with and provide pricing/volume opportunities for the Internal Sales Team to expedite in line with their responsibilities.
- Liaise with other sales related departments as necessary to maximize sales growth opportunity.
- Attend internal meetings as requested by the Company.
- Maintain and regularly update the CRM system. Keeping up to date records of all contacts made with customers and details as necessary by means of the Company’s reporting system, including compilation of personal calendar showing forthcoming appointment details.
- From time to time, organise promotional events and be responsible for: -
- Advising and inviting appropriate customers.
- Bookings as necessary for functions.
- Advising other departments as necessary.
- Ensure these events stay within budgets.
- Attending exhibitions, road shows, webinars, online training, and other promotional functions, and staying away from home when necessary and safe to do so.
- Assisting Marketing and Technical Departments at their behest and having input into the development of new products.
- Conform to the Company’s procedures and instructions as laid down in the appropriate manuals paying reference to company car policy, use of mobile phone and Health and Safety aspects of merchant and site premises.
- Exercise constant vigilance in the Company’s interest, reporting information on changes in personnel, ownership control, financial status and plans of customers and any other information that may be of value to the management of the Company.
- Perform any other duties, compatible with the attainment of the above objectives, which may from time to time be requested by the Head of Merchant Accounts or Directors, all carried out within the Company’s rules and instructions.
- Occasional overnight stays will be required when attending company events.
Knowledge, skills, and experience required
The job requires:
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good knowledge of the route to market for the Company’s products.
- I.T. literate and competent with Microsoft Teams
- Good technical understanding of where our products can be used.
- A good team player.
- Organised, with good numeracy, literacy, and computer skills.
Please complete the attached application form (above right) and return it, along with a current CV and letter of application to:
H+H UK Ltd