Job Title: Production Shift Electrical Technician
Location: Borough Green
Reporting to: Shift Manager & Maintenance Supervisor
Main Purpose of Job:
The purpose of the role is to be responsible for maintenance and project work associated with Electrical & Control Systems to agreed targets at the Borough Green Aircrete manufacturing facility.
- Work within the Production shift monitoring the plant providing breakdown assistance as and when required.
- Carry out reactive and preventative maintenance to all electrical plant to a high standard, thereby maximising plant availability, minimising plant failures and ensuring continued high product quality.
- Co-operate with maintenance supervision in the operation of planned maintenance and lubrication schedules.
- Ensure that personnel are not exposed to danger from any electrical plant or equipment, that all guards and safety devices are secure and operational and that all personnel are alert to the dangers when working with or on moving plant or equipment.
- At all times be aware of and comply with the company safety policy, The Health and Safety at Work Act, and any other safety specific instructions as may be issued by the company from time to time.
- Co-operate in the operation of the company permit to work system, ensuring that at all times an adequate risk assessment is performed prior to working on steam, compressed air, hydraulic systems, materials handling systems, or any other potentially hazardous system or work location and that suitable control measures are employed to minimise all risks to acceptable levels.
- Monitor the performance of all plant whilst production is in progress, attempting to predict failures where possible, minimising disruption to operations and ensuring that plant’s continued safe operation. Record details of problems encountered with the plant in the shift log to assist with continuity between shift teams.
- Ensure a high standard of housekeeping both in the workshop and in all areas of the factory.
- Assist the Maintenance Supervisor and the Works Engineer with the content of all local project work, ensuring that all equipment and workmanship is of a high standard.
- Suggest possible plant modifications and improvements, raising for discussion and consideration with maintenance supervision.
- Provide ‘hands on’ Electrical support during shutdown periods and the weekly maintenance break. The management reserve the right to restrict holidays during shutdown periods.
- To ensure sufficient cover for production, shift cover for your colleagues must be provided whenever possible to ensure all Production shifts are supported with one Electrical per shift. Cover must be organised for holiday, sickness and unforeseen absence.
- Perform other duties within your ability as requested by supervision.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
The job requires:
- Time-served maintenance craft team member - ONC / NVQ Level 3 Electrical Engineering (or equivalent)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a plant maintenance/project work
- Health and Safety and industry legislation knowledge
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Good secondary education
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and maintenance PPM package
As a Company we are looking to integrate certain competencies in the organisation which are:
- Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm
- Readily takes action on challenges, without unnecessary planning.
- Displays a can-do attitude in good and bad times.
- Steps up to handle tough issues.
- Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Works cooperatively with others across the organisation to achieve shared objectives.
- Represents own interests while being fair to others and their areas.
- Partners with others to get work done.
- Credits others for their contributions and accomplishments.
- Gains trust and support of others.
- Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Follows through on commitments and makes sure others do the same.
- Acts with a clear sense of ownership.
- Takes personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and failures.
- Establishes clear responsibilities and processes for monitoring work and measuring results
The successful candidate would be offered a competitive salary and benefits. Full details will be provided on application.
Please submit your CV and covering letter of application to:
H+H UK Ltd