We are currently recruiting for the temporary role of Research & Development Technician, initially for a six month period, covering maternity leave and a secondment.
Based at Borough Green, nr Sevenoaks, Kent, the ideal candidate will live within a 25 mile radius of the factory.
Main Purpose of Job:
To provide support for materials testing, calibrations and general running of the Research and Development laboratory.
- Test sample preparation
- Assist with product and materials testing
- Preparing reports on the tests carried out
- Help ensure that the equipment is calibrated on a rational periodic cycle and that records are maintained and reviewed
- Assisting to maintain UKAS accreditation.
- At all times be aware of and comply with the company safety policy, The Health and Safety at Work Act, and any other safety specific instructions as may be issued by the company from time to time
- Ensure a high standard of housekeeping in the laboratory
- Work alongside the Development & Management Systems Manager and Research and Development Technician learning trade skills.
Any other reasonable duties as requested by the company. The duties contained in this job description may change over time and the jobholder will be expected to co-operate where such changes are reasonable.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Must have QC, laboratory experience and ideally have recently worked in the position of Technician
- Excellent communication skills at all levels. Good English is essential.
- Computer literacy. Knowledge of Word and Excel is preferable.
- Educated to A Level standard, preferably in science based subjects.
- The applicant should hold a clean driving licence.
- The applicant should be self-motivated, being able to work individually and within a team.
- This position requires a person of ranging abilities, comfortable with office, laboratory and manual working tasks.
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary and benefits.
Please submit your CV and covering letter of application to:
H+H UK Ltd