Job Title: Research & Development Technician
Location: Borough Green
Reporting to: Development & Management Systems Manager
Main Purpose of Job:
To provide support for materials testing, calibrations and general running of the Research and Development laboratory. Includes support function for the factory Quality Department.
- Test sample preparation
- Assist with product and materials testing
- Preparing reports on the tests carried out
- Help ensure that the equipment is calibrated on a rational periodic cycle and that records are maintained and reviewed
- Assisting to maintain UKAS accreditation.
- At all times be aware of and comply with the company safety policy, The Health and Safety at Work Act, and any other safety specific instructions as may be issued by the company from time to time
- Ensure a high standard of housekeeping in the laboratory
- Work alongside the Development & Management Systems Manager and factory Quality Department staff.
Any other reasonable duties as requested by the company. The duties contained in this job description may change over time and the jobholder will be expected to co-operate where such changes are reasonable.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
This job requires:
- Excellent communication skills at all levels. Good English is essential.
- Computer literacy. Knowledge of Word and Excel is preferable.
- Educated to A Level standard, preferably in science based subjects.
- The applicant should hold a clean driving licence.
- The applicant should be self-motivated, being able to work individually and within a team.
- This position requires a person of ranging abilities, comfortable with office, laboratory and manual working tasks.
As an organisation we are looking to integrate certain competencies in the organisation which are:
- Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm
- Readily takes action on challenges, without unnecessary planning.
- Displays a can-do attitude in good and bad times.
- Steps up to handle tough issues.
- Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Works cooperatively with others across the organisation to achieve shared objectives.
- Represents own interests while being fair to others and their areas.
- Partners with others to get work done.
- Credits others for their contributions and accomplishments.
- Gains trust and support of others.
- Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Follows through on commitments and makes sure others do the same.
- Acts with a clear sense of ownership.
- Takes personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and failures.
- Establishes clear responsibilities and processes for monitoring work and measuring results.
The successful candidate would be offered a competitive salary and benefits. Full details will be provided on application.
Please submit your CV and covering letter of application to:
H+H UK Ltd