|Reporting to:||Maintenance Team Leader & Shift Manager|
- Provide first line maintenance support to production facilitating fault diagnosis to root cause on critical plant and equipment in a timely manner. This may involve flexible working
- Monitor the performance of all plant whilst production is in progress, attempting to predict failures where possible, minimising disruption to operations and ensuring that plant’s continued safe operation.
- Record details of issues and opportunities encountered with the plant during the shift on to the company CMMS system.
- Ensure continuity between shift teams via a suitable handover to compliment the information recorded in the site CMMS system
- Work within the Production shift monitoring and operating the plant providing breakdown assistance as and when required.
- Carry out reactive and preventative maintenance to all electrical plant to a high standard, thereby maximising plant availability, minimising plant failures and ensuring continued high product quality.
- Co-operate with maintenance supervision in the operation of planned maintenance and lubrication schedules.
- Ensure that personnel are not exposed to danger from any electrical plant or equipment, that all guards and safety devices are secure and operational and that all personnel are alert to the dangers when working with or on moving plant or equipment.
- At all times be aware of and comply with the company safety policy, The Health and Safety at Work Act, and any other safety specific instructions as may be issued by the company from time to time.
- Co-operate in the operation of the company permit to work system, ensuring that at all times an adequate risk assessment is performed prior to working on steam, compressed air, hydraulic systems, materials handling systems, or any other potentially hazardous system or work location and that suitable control measures are employed to minimise all risks to acceptable levels.
- Ensure a high standard of housekeeping both in the workshop and in all areas of the factory.
- Assist with the content of all local project work, ensuring that all equipment and workmanship is of a high standard.
- Suggest possible plant modifications and improvements, raising for discussion and consideration with maintenance supervision.
- Provide ‘hands on’ Electrical support during shutdown periods and the weekly maintenance break. The management reserve the right to restrict holidays during shutdown periods.
- To ensure sufficient cover for production, shift cover for your colleagues must be provided whenever possible to ensure all Production shifts are supported with one Electrician per shift. Cover must be organised for holiday, sickness and unforeseen absence.
- Perform other duties within your ability as requested by supervision.
- Electrical fault finding on AC/DC systems
- Experience of working on electrical installation projects
- Ability to read circuit diagrams
- PLC literate and able to read Ladder, FBD (Siemens referred)
- Understanding of invertor operations and controls (SEW preferred)
- Knowledge of positioning systems (lasers, Encoders)
- Knowledge of PID controllers
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and CMMS packages
- Understanding of industrial IT systems
- Working knowledge and understanding of if HMIs/SCADA/BMS
- Experience of robotics
- Panel building experience
- Pneumatic/Hydraulic system knowledge
- Knowledge and understanding of steam and compressed systems
- Previous experience of PPM and CMMS sign off
Education and experience:
- Time-served apprenticeship, NVQ 3 / BTEC / ONC / HNC / HND
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing and process environment working a 24-hour shift pattern (Preferred)
- Experience of working on machinery break downs and working within time constraints
- 17th/18th Edition
- PAT testing
- Health and Safety and industry legislation knowledge
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Good secondary education
The successful candidate would be offered a competitive salary and benefits.
Please complete the attached application form and return it, along with a current CV and letter of application to:
H+H UK Ltd