Celcon Foundation Blocks
Available in Standard Grade (3.6N/mm2) and High Strength Grade (7.3N/mm2). Foundation Blocks can be used to support 3 storey constructions. They are suitable for the support of solid or cavity walls, framed construction or suspended floors, including beam and block.
They offer the following benefits in use:
- Enhanced thermal performance: their use reduces heat loss from ground floors
- Frost resistance: they have exceptionally good resistance to freeze/thaw conditions
- Lightweight: they weigh one third of an equivalent dense aggregate block
- Reduced costs: an independent report by Davis Langdon LLP, concludes Celcon Foundation Blocks are up to 26% cheaper than dense aggregate blocks
- Speed of construction: Celcon Foundation Blocks enable a quick and reliable construction as only one wall has to be set out and there is no need for wall ties or lean mix fill.
|Internal leaf of cavity walls||✓|
|External leaf of cavity walls||✓|
|External solid wall construction||✓|
|Multi Storey Buildings||✓|
|Foundations/Below ground level (DPC)||✓|
|Beam and Block Floors||✗ 100mm thickness|